IF Oxford relies on the support of volunteers: without you, the Festival would not be able to take place
Thousands of people visit the Festival each year to and we need your help to make sure the events go smoothly for everyone. Safety is our priority but we want everyone to have a good time and experience remarkable science.
Volunteering roles range from event set-up and stewarding the public to helping with evaluation or social media monitoring.
- Volunteers can help for part of a day or the whole day
- Volunteers will have reasonable local travelling expenses reimbursed
- Volunteers will be covered by the Festival insurance and will be supported in the role
- Volunteers will get a Festival T-shirt and although there may be a lot to do, we hope everyone will enjoy getting involved!
- To register your interest, please complete the IF2019 volunteer expression of interest form.
We would like anyone to be involved, whatever your background or physical ability, but we can only accommodate volunteers over the age of 18; if you are lucky enough to be younger, please come and enjoy the Festival as a visitor and perhaps volunteer with us another year.
Please see our volunteering policy.
The diversity of our volunteers, speakers and venues is reflected in our audiences, with 82% of visitors ‘new’ to our Festival in 2018 – THANK YOU!
Comments from Festivalgoers:
“So much variety.” ( age 70 )
“This is the best thing to do in Oxford. Your brain lights up for the evening.” (Anonymous)
“Amazing festival, I’m so grateful for the opportunity it gives me and my children to learn about science, and especially the science going on in Oxfordshire.” (43,13,11)
“Proud to be from Oxford.” (17)